Friday, January 15, 2010

What is better, gel wraps or acrylic nails?

Well I guess we all would like to have long beautiful looking nails but artifical is not the answer. You could be asking for trouble, I've seen it on friends and it's not pretty. On QVC they have 2 products, one is called Pro Strong and the other is called Tips. That is the way I would go, they work well. I like Tips, try them both to see which is best for you but I would stay away from the artificial stuff, natural is always best. Also take the vitamins for skin, hair and nails and also gelatin too.What is better, gel wraps or acrylic nails?
acrylic, i wore gel for an hour and started to get an infection immadiately, it takes all of the oxygen out of your nail and that causes it to fester. acrylic blocks some oxygen but it does let some in. so there for it is much better.What is better, gel wraps or acrylic nails?
Acrylic is better, they're fake but they dont get plastered to your natural nails like gel. My thumb nail had to be taken off because i had chosen gel.
gel wraps are more natural looking and you don't have to get a fill as often as acrylic, if your looking for something more durable i would suggest acrylic, to the lady above with the infection the nail tech probably wasn't using sterile equip. both are damaging to your nail beds but thats the price of beauty.
acrlic if ya ask me
I find that the Acrylics are better. They're less expensive and I have them taken off after 8 months just to let a new, healthy nail grow back in. I do have friends that complain that the acrylics work their way off too easily so they have the gel nails put on and they love them. It also seems that the gel nails are more clear than the acrylics.
gel nails are not as heavy as acrylic but they are very hard to get off. lots of drilling. an acrylic nail can be soaked off in 20-30 minutes without further damaging the nail bed. I also like that with acrylic, you can customize your color preferences such as a natural white tips verses the bright white or different shades of pinks for a french look or even chose colored acrylic. no polish nicks!
It depends on who does your nails. I have heard gel is better, and Ihave heard acylic is better. It depends on you and what you like.
  • day cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment