Friday, January 15, 2010

Uv gel nails Vs. Wraps?

Can somebody tell me the pros and cons of uv gels and wraps... I was told that wraps are better for your nails. I never got tips and never do want them... I have friends who had tips and when they take it off, their nails are really ugly.... I want my nails to be nice and long when I take off, whatever is on my nails. I don't know about Uv gel nails... but one of my close friends told me its better than wraps... but I don't want to have my nails cut. My nails are short right now, and I need them done by next Friday, for my boyfriend's birthday party! Thanks for replying...Uv gel nails Vs. Wraps?
Wraps are good for people who have weak, brittle nails. They are not a good choice for people who are hard on their nails as they will break easily. When done right, they look good. They are very realistic looking.


UV gel nails are very realistic looking as well - when done by a person with lots of experience with gels, and who is highly skilled AND who also uses top quality products. Cheap UV gels look cheap and can yellow easily. Good UV nail gels are non-toxic, odorless, non-yellowing, durable, and flexible which means less breaks and cracking of the nail. They come in many different colors, so you should have many colors to choose from. A very good tech can also apply glitter, mylar, and more onto gel nails and they will look really good! I would recommend gels to anyone - as long as they are going to keep them on for a long time and have regular fills done on them. I would NOT recommend gel nails to people who do not plan on keeping them on for very long as they must be filed off when it comes time to have them removed. UV gel nails are not soakable as acrylics are. In other words, they cannot be soaked off in pure acetone because UV gel nails are non-porous ad are resistant to liquids of all types, including acetone. So, if you are going to keep them on only for a few days, or even just a week or two, then go with the wraps. If you plan to keep them for at least several months, go with the gels. Just make sure you don't get scammed at the nail salon if you get UV gel nails. Many discount shops pull a scam where they apply acrylic nails, then apply a UV gel topcoat - and call them gel nails while charging you the higher price for gel nails. If a tech uses ANY liquid and powder on your nails, you have acrylic nails - NOT gel nails. It's really pretty simple. UV nail gels look exactly as the name implies- a gel. It is never a powder. Just be aware of this because some scammers will go as far as telling you, 'It powder gel.' Sorry, there is no such thing as powder gel. Gel is a gel. Simple as that. UV gels are applied in several thin layers, each of which MUST be cured under a UV lamp for about two minutes each. This means many individual 'cures.' But, while one hand is curing under the UV lamp, a good tech will be working on the other hand. It takes normally about an hour and a half to apply a full set of UV gel nails. Wraps can take several hours to apply because it is a very time consuming process to do them. But yes, you are correct in saying that wraps are 'better' for your nails. And sorry, but for gels, or even acrylics - your nails will have to be short. Otherwise, your natural nail will stick out from under the nail enhancement and will look not-so-good. There are other reasons too, but that is primarily why they need to be short. But, they will grow back!


Have fun at your BF's party!Uv gel nails Vs. Wraps?
I have UV gels and I love them. There's nothing like them.. I do not use tips.. I have them applied to my own natural nail.. They feel great, look natural, are always shiny (if you take nail polish off looks as though you have clear polish on with high shine) best of all you will never get a fungus!

Report Abuse



Well i don't have a problem with tips i have had the once and they didn't make my nails look ugly, somebody that i know wanted her nails to grow longer and stronger so she ask the lady at the nail salon and she said you can get this certain kind of tip that it helps make you nails grow more but if you just do not want to take the chance with tips then i would get gels.

No comments:

Post a Comment