Friday, January 15, 2010

Nails stick out of a board and you make a picture by wrapping string around the nails. What's the name?

We did this activity in math class for extra credit and I just saw in on HGTV. I would love to make one, but can't remember the name. Also, I would love any information on where you can get patterns for the pictures online.Nails stick out of a board and you make a picture by wrapping string around the nails. What's the name?
Here are some easy instructions about how to do it:


http://www.mathcats.com/crafts/stringart鈥?/a>





Here are some glorious examples of what you can make:


http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab鈥?/a>Nails stick out of a board and you make a picture by wrapping string around the nails. What's the name?
It's called 'Pin and Thread', or Filography. Attaching a few links to sites that will help you with these projects.
I did it when I was younger and I called it nail art, I have a small one if you want it I will send it to you, for free as long as you live in the US.
We always called it string art. It was popular in the 70's.
It's called string art or line designs.My son did it in school this year also. I think it looks really cool. I surf the web and found a site that teaches you how to do it. here is the site www.teachersnetwork.org Hope this helps you if not surf the web using string art or line designs there are a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment